Rrrrr.

For the past year and a half I have been making patterns from letters and words, in the beginning I dreamt of screen printing a set of them from A to Z. Then I made a book of these patterns, each one made up of a different letter of the alphabet, half the book in Verdana and half in Times New Roman. Making ugly type beautiful. See here for a mediocre post about it.
I have probably created about 300 patterns since the beginning and it's probably one of my favourite things to do. It wasn't until somebody pointed it out to me that I realised how underrepresented my patterns are on this blog, so here is one I did today, it's my first one I've ever done with a hand drawn letter rather than a typeface. What took so long? I will probably spend the next three days obsessively making them only to move on to something else.
On Thursday I screen printed the first colour of a B pattern set in Verdana Italic, more to come.

No comments: